Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring is still on hold



Hit up Patapsco with Mehdi this evening for a fairly casual ride. All the blooming buds and leaves that were in the process of popping have ground to a halt. The trails were in great condition, not too dry, not too wet. I guess the cool temps are keeping people in because it was another day of sparse encouters with other riders and trail users. We did a lot of chatting about strategies for the Leesburg Bakers Dozen Enduro that's coming up in a couple weeks. At the end of the day we logged 11 miles or so. The new 80mm Fox fork on the IF is working out great. I feel a bit detached from the trail compared to my rigid fork but it definitely takes a load off the arms and shoulders which is exactly what I wanted for the upcoming endurance race season.

3 comments:

gmr2048 said...

So you boys are heading out to my side of the country, eh? I'll have to see if I can get out there and snap some photos. God knows I'm in no condition to actually ride ;)

Unknown said...

Spring may be on hold and apparently so is this blog! Come on man get your act together :)

gwadzilla said...

GREENBRIER was AWESOME!

that thread is funny

everyone likes to complain

no one appreciates the promoter

Greenbrier is a fantastic venue
the proximity to DC can not be beat
it is interesting that it is seldom a mountain bike ride venue
but a great race venue

racing is different than riding