Monday, March 05, 2007

New Ride



Bought a new bike over the weekend. A Jamis Exile SS 29'er. Yeah, yeah....I know. I almost hate to say "SS and 29'er" in the same sentence because it sounds so cliche. All that follow the leader, trendy BS aside, it's a great bike. With a nice, upgrade worthy, steel frame/fork and decent componentry. In the $1,000 price category I don't think the Exile can be beat. One thing I don't care for is the 33x16 stock gearing. It seems like most production 29'ers are sporting a 32x20 combo from the factory, so I'm not sure what Jamis was thinking when they decided to slap on a 33x16. Unfortunately, the first ride probably won't be until this weekend. It's OK though....my 22 tooth freewheel shoud be in by then.

2 comments:

Hjalti said...

so I'm not sure what Jamis was thinking when they decided to slap on a 33x16.

They were thinking "suck it up, ya big sissy!"

(says the guy running 32x22 on his trendy 29"er SS....)

Unknown said...

Your 22t f/w is in. Now you have no excuses for walking.