Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Patapsco Trail Damage



While riding at Patapsco State Park yesterday I snapped this picture of a severely damaged section of trail. This area of trail used to much narrower but over the years of people riding it, especially when wet, has widened it to the point a single lane road. The original line used to be way to the right hand side. The original line on the right is dry in this picture whereas the left hand side of the trail is muddy and rutted.

My ride ended up being a flop, about 2 miles in I snapped my chain with no tools to fix it. Surprisingly, there were relatively few people riding this evening. Only 3 riders passed me on the way out and none of them had the necessary tools to make the repair either. I own the necessary tools but they were all left in my road bike saddle bag after I finished up my last road ride. The evening wasn't a total loss, my ride turned into a relaxing hike, I cleared out a stream crossing that was blocked by leaves causing the trail to flood and I managed to get home in time to once again hit-up Redneck Ribs.

No comments: