Sunday, July 08, 2007

Scorcher


DSC_0006
Originally uploaded by the_kegs
Having a bunch of home improvement projects in process and knowing that it was going to be hot as hell, I decided to get my butt out of bed fairly early on Saturday morning and hit the roads on my fixie for a cruise downtown with some picture taking along the way. The sky was perfectly clear and sun was shining bright so I figured it would be the perfect time for me to try out the new polarizing filter I bought for the camera. Even though I was sweat soaked within minutes I still had a great time speeding around the fairly vacant downtown streets. Somehow I managed to make 4 hours out of the trip. This included a visit to the newly opened Five Guys on Carrol Creek. The ride did end with a bit of a downer. For the second time in 2 weeks I managed to have an encounter with someones discarded gum. It's not fun cleaning someone else's spit soaked gum off of your frame, spokes and tires. The bicycle sculpture pictured above is located across the street from the Blue Elephant art gallery on West 5th Street. The sculptor even came out and adjusted the sculptures for me while I was snapping pics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo!

riderx said...

Nice! I've been meaning to grab my camera and go shoot that bicycle sculpture