Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Lazy days of summer..

I sure wish that was the case for me. I've been working my butt off trying to get numerous projects done around the house. Namely, having a shed built, finishing off the other half of the basement and staining some of the nearly 900 square feet of decking we have. Unfortuantely, I don't have too much riding to report. I spent Saturday morning in the basement working and running out to Lowes looking for a toilet. That evening I was supposed to meet up with Jeff at the Watershed but he ended up having to work late so I hit Salamander by myself for a nice 9 miler. This was also the shakedown ride for the recently converted IF. A Surly tensioner running in the push-up position kept everything tight. Sure it's a little ugly but it works so I don't see myself changing it out anytime soon. My favorite thing about a SS is how quiet they are. None of that annoying chain slap on rough downhills.

Sunday was the Linganore Winery Reggae Festival in Mt Airy, MD. I had these grandios plans for a bunch of us to ride to the fest but that didn't work out. Not all was lost of the biking front....I did head out with Tom and Danielle for quick road ride around northern Frederick/Walkersville in the morning. I think we came in around 18 miles or so. At the fest, I ran into Alex and Scott who ended up riding there after all. The festival when way too quick, it felt like we were leaving not too long after we arrived. Regardless, a good time was had by all. As long as my schedule permits, I'll be at the TBE Wednesday road ride this week.

Recently converted IFy

DSC_0006

Resting place for the new shed

DSC_0033


Basement construction

DSC_0007

The girls having fun at the Reggae Fest

DSC_0132

No riding photos...sorry :(

No comments: