Monday, October 06, 2008

Mealey's Tavern


1006081821.jpg
Originally uploaded by the_kegs
New Market finally has a bar...a real bar! Believe it or not, it's in Mealey's. It's been a long time coming, something I have dreamed about since moving here almost 8 years ago. I've often been heard criticizing New Market for not capitalizing on the thousands of people who live within it's reach. Until now, there is no reason I would consider visiting historic New Market during the week.(Except Mama's Pizza). No reason...unless the unforeseen antique emergency pops up during the week. Given the old fashioned decor and clientele of Mealey's I was pleasantly surprised by the new tavern. Very nice..warm and cozy. Don't get me wrong..there are still some holdouts in the tavern like doilies under the apps and flowered plates but hey...I'm not complaining. Great start guys! Beers on tap.... Wild Goose IPA, flying dog pale ale, flying dog gonzo imperial porter, blue moon, sams seasonal and uh...amstel light. Ill probably regret this when there are no seats at the bar but if your a local.... definitely check it out

1 comment:

Blue-eyed Devil said...

Even more unbelievable? You posted! ;)